Mind Your Table Manners
A guide to richer and more graceful contemporary living.
They say when it is a matter of an empty stomach, why mind the manners? People, we insist otherwise. Make a quick read and imbibe these table manners for lifetime.
A sophisticated dinner calls for its guests to be elite and up to date with their mannerism. Here’s a quick guide:
- Sit straight. And your elbows should not rest on the table.
- Place the napkin on your lap or tie it on to your neck.
- Wait before everybody is served.
- Always ask for the item to be passed, don’t try reaching out for it yourself.
- Carry your food to your face and not otherwise.
- Let there be conversation wherein everybody gets to participate.
- Remember to say ‘Excuse Me’ when you leave the table.
- Most importantly send a ‘Thank You’ note to your host and don’t delay it more than a day after the event.
Elude class by practicing these basic yet important etiquette the next time you get invited.